The prohibited list is a reference for retailers that want to import their products to China via postal route. Full list can be found here in Chinese. This list apply to the items that are not acceptable by the China customs. For those items that are potentially dangerous during transportation, e.g. lithium batteries & fragrance products, they are only prohibited by air shipping services of postal services, and not prohibited by the China customs.
1. Weapons, simulated weapons, ammunition and explosives.
2. Forged currency or securities.
3. Printed matter, films, photos, movies, audiotapes, videotapes, CDs, DVDs, computer storage devices and other things that could do harm to China's politics, economy, culture and morality.
4. Poison and addictive drugs.
5. Food, drugs or other things that could do harm to humans and animals, and are infectious or from epidemic areas.
6. Animal,animal products plants and plant products that contains dangerous germ and insects.
7. Food, durgs and other items from affected area.